Mold is slowly but surely killing you

Few people understand that indoor air pollution includes exposure to mold as well. Once it invades your home, the fungus causes serious problems to your overall health. Unfortunately, many people are exposed to toxic fungi without even knowing it. The reason for this is that the fungus makes its way to less apparent places, such as behind the wall or under the carpet. When you start sneezing or experience breathing difficulties for no obvious reason, you should know that your home is infested. The smartest course of action is to hire a mold inspector. In order to get in touch with a professional in mold investigation, visit http://indoormould.ca. However, are you curious to know how much damage your unseen guest can cause?

Where does the mold live?

The truth is that the fungus does not pick just any location as its permanent residence. Typical areas where the fungus likes to settle are the shower walls and the basement, but not only. Generally, the fungus can be found in areas of the house where the level of humidity and, implicitly, of moisture is elevated. Therefore, in their search, inspectors include drywalls, ceiling tiles, furniture, carpets, the place under the sink and other damp areas.

But how does the mold enter your home in the first place? Well, the fungus is carried into your dwelling by the air. Additionally, it can attach to your clothes and even your pets. Typical signs of fungus infestation include the presence of a specific odour and some types of fungus have bright colours, which makes them easy to spot.

Respiratory issues caused by mold

The firsts affected by the spores of the fungus are those who suffer from allergies. When it moves, the fungus releases spores into the air, air which later on enters your lungs every time you breathe. Thus, excessive exposure leads to the appearance of many respiratory problems. Even if you are not typically prone to allergies, the substances released are so irritating that they immediately cause a reaction.

Although symptoms such as runny noses, sneezing and watery eyes are not dangerous, they are extremely uncomfortable. When your child gets sick, you might feel differently about the seriousness of irritating spores. Besides allergic reactions, spores can lead to affections such as asthma attacks, which imply the irritation of the skin, eyes and airways.

Finally, the spores can trigger severe reactions such as fever and difficulty in breathing. Those who are already suffering from respiratory diseases have the tendency to develop bronchopulmonary aspergillosis or ABA.

When the mold is life-threatening

Not only is the fungus capable of making you extremely ill, it is also dangerous enough to kill you. However, the severity of the illness depends largely in the type of fungus that lurks in your home. Examples of major medical problems include muscle and joint pain, immune system disturbances, shortness of breath and GI problems. These are typically caused by toxigenic fungi that produce mycotoxins. What many people don’t realize is that mycotoxins possibly produce cancer.

To sum up, mold is highly dangerous for your health, producing affections such as respiratory problems and even cancer. The solution to your problem is identifying the places where the fungus resides and eliminating it for good.